- Brainstorm talents and skills that you have. Ask yourself “What do I enjoy doing? What am I good at doing? What will people pay me to do?” Once you have an answer that fits into all 3 questions, pursue it.
- Define your mission in life and write it down. What do you want people to remember you for?
- Define your values that you will adhere to while you work toward your mission.
- Create short-term and long-term goals that tie to your mission.
- Put together a plan and place it where you can see it.
- Tell someone about your plan and have that person help hold you accountable.
- Take action.
Sheila is a Human Resources / Training Consultant and Career Coach who guides organizations and people in setting and reaching their goals and achieving their definition of success. She has worked with Fortune 500 companies, medium sized, and small companies including Target, Apollo Group, University of Phoenix, Corporate Psychologists, Knight Transportation and Auckland Museum.